Monday, October 28, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
When I got back down from Mt. Sinai, I saw a golden calf. But that wasn't the worse part. They were Worshiping it. The second commandment clearly states that you aren't allowed to have idols, and here are the people that I risked my life for, to free from slavery by the Egyptians, were WORSHIPING this golden calf, and Aaron, my own brother made it.
God's Laws put into simple terms
1. No other Gods.
2. No idols, which means no worshiping for examples a pop idol, or a statue of another god.
3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain, which most people do every day, "Oh my God" or "Jesus" stuff like that.
4. Remember the Sabbath day: depending on whether you are Christian or Jewish, the Sabbath day is different. For Jews, Saturday is the day that God rested and for Christians it is Sunday. Traditionally, you rest on that day. do nothing, no work or anything.
5. You do what your parents tell you to, even if you don't want to. Always follow their directions.
6. Do not kill.
7. Do not cheat.
8. Don't steal from people.
9. Do not lie.
10. Do not be jealous, which for some people is hard. you see somebody with something and you want it, and you don't want them to have it because you think that it should be yours.
When I got back down, after 40 years, I had the ten commandments, God's laws for my people to follow
1.Thou shalt have no other Gods Before me
2. Thou shalt not make onto thee any graven image
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy
5. Honour thy father and thy mother
6. Thou shalt not kill
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
8. Thou shalt not steal
9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
Monday, October 21, 2013
Hi I'm Moses. I am leading my people to the promised land of Canaan. We have traveled a long way with these people and now, I'm about to go up the mountain and carve God's laws, the ones that they are going to follow and my brother Aaron is in charge while I'm gone.
|Me with my people|